EMPLOYEE0You can use the Search Engine Optimization module to optimize your website for search engines. This module is found in the "RESOURCES" tab from your editSuite.
ADDING METADATA TO YOUR WEBSITE
You can add metadata to your website to help search engine spiders understand what your site is about.
1. Select the Website tab.
2. Enter a title for your website in the Title Tag box.
The website title is the text that shows up at the top of your browser when your site loads. The website title is given high priority by search engines.
3. Enter a description for your website in the Meta Description box.
The website description is the information that shows up under your site title in search result pages.
4. Enter keywords for your website in the Meta Keywords box.
Keywords are other words used by search engines, but they do not show up in the results. They are generally not given as high a priority by search engines.
5. Click Save when you are done.
*NOTE: LiveBooks has implemented character limits for website metadata in the Search Engine Optimization section, since research shows that too much text there may negatively impact your search ranking.
The limits for each area are:
Title: 100 characters
Description: 200 characters
Keywords: 200 characters
CREATING YOUR SEARCH LANDING PAGE
Use this page to create an optional HTML landing page to help boost the overall page rank of your website. You can customize content of the page to complement the content in your Flash website and direct visitors from search engines to view your portfolios.
1. Select the Search Landing Page tab.
2. Check the Enable this Page on my Site checkbox to turn on the page.
*NOTE: If you do not want to use this page, uncheck the box and click
This will remove the page from the Internet and redirect any visitors to your home page. You can always enable it again later.
To see this page, you can click on the "View" button in the upper right corner of the window.
4. Enter a header for the page that will appear as a title at the top of the page.
5. Enter a sub-header for the page that will appear directly below the header.
6. Enter a description that will appear on the bottom of the page.
7. Enter contact information in the address and phone number fields.
8. Enter a title for the page in the Title Tag box.
9. Enter a description for the page in the Meta Description box.
10. Enter keywords for the page in the Meta Keywords box.
11. Click Save when you are done.
SELECTING THE PORTFOLIOS TO BE DISPLAYED ON THE LANDING PAGE
You can select as many of your portfolios as you would like to display on your Search Landing Page.
1. Check the box next to each portfolio title that you would like to include on the page.
2. Click Save when you are happy with your selection.
For Search Engine Optimization Tips please check out our forum thread on this topic here.
Just wondering how I make this page the default page when I enter my url; www.markacadiz.com. At the moment it takes me here, http://www.markacadiz.com/mark-a-cadi..., but I rather have it the other way around where www.markacadiz is the landing page.
Thanks in advance.
I want to index my site with Yahoo, Bing and MSN. When I go to the Yahoo indexing link, it redirects to Bing and Windows Live webmaster tools. I think the three are all managed by the Windows Live webmaster, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Yahoo, Bing and MSN indexing - the same?.